First and foremost, thank you all so much for sending Will and Angie off to Arizona with peace of mind that their financial needs will be met.
At time of posting, 210 supporters have donated $23,552.00.
By our initial cost estimates of $8000/week, that will provide Will with essentially three weeks of complete treatment at the center. We’re a little over a third of the way to our goal, and cannot thank you all enough for your donations.
Onto the big events of today…
Will and Angie are flying out of Bob Hope Burbank Airport this afternoon at 4:30 pm (PST). The flight to Phoenix is a little over an hour, and then Angie and Will have roughly a 20-minute drive to the treatment center and their temporary apartment in Mesa.
That all sounds relatively simple, but in reality is a grand endeavor for Will who has been under hospice care for quite some time now.
Treatment will be determined and initiated tomorrow, Thursday, and is expected at this point to last 8 weeks. We will certainly keep you in the loop of any additional treatment measures or costs, and if there is anything we can do as a community to help.
In the meantime, your prayers and well wishes are still treasured.
Specific prayer requests include…
- Traveling mercies for today. May there be a smooth flight, with easy boarding and access to proper pain management
- Strength for Will’s body in not only the move to Arizona, but in adjusting to the new treatment
- Smooth transition for Angie, who has been working around the clock, and will be giving over care for the majority of the day
- Wisdom for the doctors and therapists in determining the most beneficial treatment plan
- Continue marked improvement with a movement towards complete healing
Thanks again to all of you for rallying behind Will and Angie in this next phase of the battle against cancer.
More updates to come.